Skip to main content

I think a webhook for entitlement changes would be really useful for us.

Our particular situation is the following. We are migrating the old subscriptions to RevenueCat entitlements and we use the syncPurchases method which works great and RevenueCat users get the right new entitlements. However, our backend does not get notified about these entitlement changes and doesn’t update our users in the database.

Our entitlements can get activated by purchasing one of several subscription products so I believe it’s much cleaner for the backend just to listen to entitlement changes than to listen for subscription changes and have extra logic to map subscriptions to entitlements. My wish is for the backend to only know about entitlements. And the whole mapping of susbcription to entitlements to be done only in RevenueCat.

Does this make sense? Am I missing something?

@catalin-morosan that makes sense, I can raise this with the product team. For now listening to subscription changes is currently the way you would do this, but there is an entitlement_ids property that you can read in every subscription related webhook.