Solved

Will a user see all available prices in the iOS Subscription manager?

• 19 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

I have added multiple subscription prices to App Store Connect so I can switch between them using the RevenueCat current offering to do some A/B testing on prices.

But this got me thinking...

When a user views their subscriptions in their App Store account, they can make changes like cancel or upgrade/downgrade a subscription.

Will this list offer the user all the available subscription prices? Can a user go to this page then select the lowest priced subscription to change to before a free trial expires then get it for the lower price?

There doesn’t seem to be a way to tell ASC which subscriptions to show as not/available.

icon

Best answer by Miguel Carranza 22 June 2022, 04:40

View original

5 replies

Badge +4

Is there anyone here that has multiple price points and has purchased their own subscription that can tell me what the subscription manager page of their iCloud account looks like?

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

They will only see the ones in the same subscription group. I’d suggest creating different ones. 

Badge +4

Thanks, i’m glad I asked before I started selling the cheaper one as you cannot move subscriptions between groups.

I’ve created a second group with my cheaper offerings.

I guess this can bring some issues with users being able to purchase from both groups independently. If a current subscriber sees a paywall with cheaper subs and clicks the cheaper price, they will end up with 2 subscriptions.

I wonder what this group will show the user in the iCloud subscription settings?

3x monthly subs at the same price or just 1?

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I’ve created a second group with my cheaper offerings.

I guess this can bring some issues with users being able to purchase from both groups independently. If a current subscriber sees a paywall with cheaper subs and clicks the cheaper price, they will end up with 2 subscriptions.

Correct. The way I would do it if to make sure that both the discounted and standard-priced product unlock the same entitlement in RevenueCat. This way, when you check purchaser info, you can see if you should unlock the features for that customer. If that’s the case, you should not show the paywall. Otherwise they might end up buying a different subscription to unlock the same features (and being charged twice)

Badge +4

@Miguel Carranza 

If we want to make a price increase and prevent the possibility of users getting back to the “old” price should their subscription lapse, would it make the most sense to simply increase the price on both stores and grandfather in existing users?

That seems to be the only way to prevent users from subscribing to the older, lower price within a group.

If we had new groups, call them GroupNew and GroupOld...ideally even someone who upgrades from the lower tier in GroupOld must upgrade to GroupNew. From what I understand, users that had a product from GroupOld could always subscribe to GroupOld products and potentially could subscribe to GroupNew simultaneously. It sounds like the only way to truly prevent this from happening within the subscription manager is increasing the subscription price on GroupOld instead.