Solved

What is the day of a subscription churning? Is it the day the user unsubscribes? Or the day of the billing subscription date?

• 22 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

Is a subscription still considered active if the user has cancelled - but the subscription hasn't reached the end of the current period? For example if I cancelled my subscription today, but billing would have restarted on the 25th, am I considered an active subscription still in RevenueCat until the 25th? Or does the churn reflect today since I cancelled today?

We have noticed some of the number of subscribers changing like on Jan 1 it was 63 but then changed to 64 randomly later. We are wondering if the above reason is the reason for the RevenueCat subscription numbers varying slightly over time. 

icon

Best answer by sharif 24 January 2024, 21:48

View original

2 replies

Badge

In the overall Dashboard, we see 63 active subscribers. 

When we expand the recent transactions, it says 60 customers. 

Is there an explanation for this discrepancy? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello,

In the scenario you described you would still be considered active because your subscription hasn’t ended yet and you can still uncancel before the next billing period.

For that discrepancy - our overview page is on a different refresh cycle than other parts of the dashboard, so it might be that you gained or lost a small number of customers while different parts of the dashboard refresh.