Skip to main content

Hi!
I want to create an iOS App that sells brushes for the iOS App Procreate.

There will be hundreds of items and my plan would be users could purchase individual brushes for a one-time payment and I would like to offer a subscription to simply unlock all brushes for the user.

I have never created an app bnefore so I am wondering how to set this up. 

Can I create all the products within RevenueCat or do I also need to create them on the App Store?

After purchasing, the App should download the brush onto the device of the user. From what I understand, I need to sign the download links to only give access to legitimate users.

How do I handle this? Does RevenueCat support this flow or do I need to use my own server with webhooks?

Thank you very much in advance!

Hi @MattDeox 

I can explain the alternatives that you have wrt in app purchases with apple store. There are two ways you can approach the brushes purchase.

• You could create one product in App Store per brush
    • Pros: Easy mapping between product and brush
    • Cons: There’s a limit on the amount of products you can create on app store (I think it’s 10k)
  • You could create generic products (one per price) and associate the purchase to the corresponding brush after purchase
    • Pros: No limitation
    • Cons: A little bit harder to manage

On the second case, the subscriber would purchase the generic product and upon completion, you would grant the corresponding brush to the subscriber. For this case, we don’t have anything out of the box yet, but we might have something in a few weeks if you are interested (the ability to associate extra information to a purchase)

> Can I create all the products within RevenueCat or do I also need to create them on the App Store?

You have to create the products in App store and then you can import them in RevenueCat.

> After purchasing, the App should download the brush onto the device of the user. From what I understand, I need to sign the download links to only give access to legitimate users.

No matter what strategy you follow, for signing and downloading the brush, you’ll need to handle it on your side. We’ll keep track of what the user purchased

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Marcos