Question

"The product is already active for this user error" in the same device with different accounts and can't show virtual cards

• 30 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hello, I would like to know if you can help me.

I am developing an app in react native, in which my authentication method is through oauth. Next, I register the user in revenueCat using the login method by passing the unique user uuid.

Currently, I am experiencing two issues:

The first one is regarding virtual cards.

I have followed all the steps described in the guide, but from the user account when trying to make a subscription purchase, only my real cards linked to my play store account appear. I have been reading that perhaps this is what is causing the error and I should use the sandbox with a test user without real cards linked, which leads me to the second question. To test the functionality from user “A”, I purchased the monthly subscription. everything worked fine, but from the same device when switching to user account “B”, even changing the play store account, when trying to make a subscription purchase, the error "The product is already active for this user" appears. I have tried clearing cache, uninstalling the app... but nothing works. I have tried changing the options in "Transferring purchases seen on multiple App User IDs" but it gives me a connection error... I hope you can help,

thank you.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @alfertuko,

Try adding your user as a license tester in Google Play Console: https://www.revenuecat.com/docs/google-play-store#create-a-test-user-and-configure-licensing-testing This is what gives you access to the test cards (more info here).

For the “The product is already active for this user” error: can you try restoring purchases? Switching Google accounts on Android doesn’t work well sometimes so maybe BillingClient is returning the same purchases every time even if you logged in with a new Google account, which would mean that the issue is in Android/Google Play and not RevenueCat or your app.