Question

Stripe cancellation issue

• 10 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +5

One of the users of my application has cancelled his subscription. Stripe is correctly reporting the subscription as cancelled. RevenueCat also shows it as cancelled in the customer history, but the entitlement is still active until the end of the billing period.

Shouldn’t it be also revoked? If not, how can I make it to behave so?

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hey Michal, 

Unless the user received a refund, even if a user cancels auto-renewals, they should still have access until the end of the current period.  Am I understanding that correctly?

Badge +5

Hi Jacob,

Yes, but my case is different. User does not renew subscription, Stripe is correctly reporting the subscription as canceled to Revenuecat. RevenueCat also shows it as canceled in the customer history, but the entitlement is still active until the end of the next not not extended period billing period. No subscription is active in Stripe anymore. What can I do to fix it?

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Michal, how did you set it up in Stripe? There are 2 options you can configure in Stripe:

1. Immediate cancellation: The subscription is cancelled immediately, with the option to pro-rate or not.
  2. Cancellation at the end of the period: The subscription is cancelled at the end of the current billing period (this is how the app stores behave).

It seems that it’s behaving as option #2. It needs to be set up as immediate cancellation for RevenueCat to remove the entitlement right away. If that’s how you have it set up, I would recommend reaching out to support with the app user id for further investigation.