Question

Should I be worried about the error : There is an issue with your configuration. Check the underlying error for more details.

• 30 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +3

Hello,

I am receiving this RC error into my error monitoring service : “There is an issue with your configuration. Check the underlying error for more details.”

However, I cannot reproduce this problem, my app is live on both iOS and Android and everything seems to work fine, I have active subscriptions.

Still a little number of my users (<1%) are receiving this error. I’ve read all posts about it and all of them are about configuration issues, however in my case, RC works fine for 99% of my users.

I use “react-native-purchases”: “5.13.1”. This error only happens on Android.

Should I be worried about this error ? Or is it harmless ?

Thank you

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello!

Since 99% off users are able to use your app with no issues, I agree that this isn't actually a configuration error. It looks like there are two instances that we will return that error: when RevenueCat received an invalid platform and when RevenueCat sees an invalid package name https://github.com/RevenueCat/purchases-android/blob/40a32a8cd57b1df8df31b0f1d3fcf87f187fc2c3/common/src/main/java/com/revenuecat/purchases/common/errors.kt#L83L84

I'll check our server logs to see if I can get any more information but it sounds like the issue is specific to these users’ devices.

Hello, i have this problem on latest version. Can anybody help about this?

Hello, i have this problem on latest version. Can anybody help about this?

Did you solve this issue?

Hello!

Since 99% off users are able to use your app with no issues, I agree that this isn't actually a configuration error. It looks like there are two instances that we will return that error: when RevenueCat received an invalid platform and when RevenueCat sees an invalid package name https://github.com/RevenueCat/purchases-android/blob/40a32a8cd57b1df8df31b0f1d3fcf87f187fc2c3/common/src/main/java/com/revenuecat/purchases/common/errors.kt#L83L84

I'll check our server logs to see if I can get any more information but it sounds like the issue is specific to these users’ devices.

Hey as in this answer you mentioned that the play store app should be released in closed testing :

But in this blog post it is mentioned that internal testing is enough:
https://www-origin.revenuecat.com/blog/engineering/expo-in-app-purchase-tutorial/

I am getting this error:[Error: There is an issue with your configuration. Check the underlying error for more details.] 

So what problem might be here? (For play console)

Hello!

Thanks! For us, the error description is quite similar. This bug is super rare. We are using react-native-purchase 6.7.0, and it happens on iOS and Android.

Is there any workaround you can think of? Even if it is a super small number of users, it would be nice to somehow still give them the option to subscribe.

Note: We know from users who uninstalled and reinstalled the app and continued having this issue. 

Happy if there is any workaround! Thanks.

Badge +4

I get the same error but I have not configured any offerings, maybe that;s the root cause?

I have not configured offerings on purpose because I just want RC to enable the payment and I will handle the offering within the app (based on my db records).