Skip to main content
Question

Seeking advice on Play Store rejection due to "Broken Functionality policy" violation

• 12 August 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi, 

I have an app where subscriptions are facilitated using RevenueCats SDK.  In the Play Store listing the app only targets a  limited number of countries, EU member states + Norway. The app was approved for production in July without any problems, subscriptions seems to work perfectly in the approved version. 

Now i tried create a new version, fixed a bug not related to subscriptions, but get rejected due to violation of the "Broken Functionality policy". After reading a blog in this community I realizes that the problem originates from the fact that the reviewers are not located in  one of the targeted countries, EU + Norway and therefore can not fetch relevant information about the subscription product during review. 

Is there anyone who has experienced this problem and have some advice how to solve it?

Regards, Tomas

Hi, I passed the review.  Here are some advice how to handle  "Broken Functionality policy" - rejections when that the problem originates from the fact that the reviewers are not located in  one of the apps targeted countries,

First read Yegairs blog on the same topic, "Broken Functionality policy",  he explains why the problem occurs and he also gives a solution to the problem.

I used the same solution as Yegair: if the app cannot fetch information about the subscription product do not present any paywall/subscription screen or as I did present a screen saying that “subscription services can not be reached, please check your network connection and try again ...” instead.

Regards Tomas