Question

Offering with multiple packages in Android

• 20 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

We have set up subscriptions in RevenueCat as outlined in Configuring Products. Namely we have multiple, separate, independent, subscriptions, each with two different prices (one for monthly subscription, one for annual subscription). So I have one RevenueCat “offering” for each subscription and each subscription has two “packages” (one for monthly and another for annual). Obviously, I have added the Apple App Store products, and added them to the respective offering’s packages (and to the entitlements). That Apple product is live and in the store and that’s great.

I am now trying to create the Google Play Store subscriptions/products, to mirror those subscriptions that are live in the Apple App Store and add them to my RevenueCat products/offerings/entitlements. But I am now seeing a warning in the Google Play Product Setup that says:

At this time, please refrain from adding multiple base plans per subscription, adding multiple offers per base plan, …

I had been planning on creating a subscriptions in Google Play, each with two base plans, one for the respective monthly subscription, and another for the annual subscription. But the above note makes me think that I cannot do that.

I’ve been pouring through the Google I/O 22 Announcements - RC Product Priorities thread, and I am not entirely sure I am following precisely what I can and cannot do at this point. Can someone provide guidance as to how I should set up my Google Play subscriptions? Bottom line, I want to have multiple independent subscriptions each with monthly and annual pricing.

5 replies

Hey Robert, 

Thank you so much for reaching out.

I have sent you a DM, inviting you to our closed beta where we can help you setup multiple base plans. 

Looking forward to have you complete your RevenueCat integration soon!

Anna

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hey Robert, 

Thank you so much for reaching out.

I have sent you a DM, inviting you to our closed beta where we can help you setup multiple base plans. 

Looking forward to have you complete your RevenueCat integration soon!

Anna

That’s great, thanks.

But I’m asking what we should be doing in the interim. Unless you are finishing your beta in the next week or two, I’m hoping to have the Android version of my app in the store before then.

Thanks.

Badge +2

I have the exact same question as Robert and am a little stuck on this issue. I can appreciate that a DM was sent, but is there any guidance that can be provided to everyone?

Badge +3

Adding another voice to the choir here - I have a setup where I really need to use multiple base plans, but RevenueCat is only showing one base plan per subscription when I call getProducts(). Should this be working at this point (purchases_flutter 5.5.0)? I assume if it was in beta 7 month ago, it should be working now? 

Badge +3

Update: nevermind, mine started working after about 45 minutes. That was strange.