Question

Notice about InAppProduct API usage

• 4 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

I am getting the following warning in my application. I don't want to have any surprises when these dates arrive.

https://android-developers.googleblog.com/2023/06/changes-to-google-play-developer-api-june-2023.html

Start your migration to the monetization.subscriptions APIs

If you use the Google Play Developer API client libraries - available for JavaPython, and other popular languages - we recommend upgrading to the latest versions, which already include the monetization.subscriptions APIs. Base plans can be managed with the monetization.subscription.basePlans API, and introductory pricing and free trials can be managed as offers with the monetization.subscriptions.basePlans.offers API.

I'm using purchases_flutter version: ^5.2.3.
Should I be concerned?
I await guidance.

You're using the InAppProduct API to manage subscriptions, which is now deprecated and will stop being supported for new apps in January 2024, and for all apps in May 2024. Start using the new Subscriptions API to get new features including multiple base plans and offers, as well as prepaid plans. Learn more 

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi,

No need to do anything, RC is no longer using the InAppProduct API for subscriptions, so nothing will break in your app.

Badge +2

Hi,

No need to do anything, RC is no longer using the InAppProduct API for subscriptions, so nothing will break in your app.

Hi, I recently updated my apps to use the latest version (6.9.4 - android java) and this warning is still displayed in the Google Play console. Is there anything else I should have done that I forgot?

Badge +1

Same here man

Hi,

Hi, I recently updated my apps to use the latest version (6.9.4 - android java) and this warning is still displayed in the Google Play console. Is there anything else I should have done that I forgot?