Solved

Login user with different apple id

• 28 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

I have two users, A and B with different RC app user id’s.  They both have a subscription with their own apple id’s.  How do we handle the situation when user A logs into their account but on user B’s phone with user B’s apple id on the device?

What happens if user A’s subscription is expired and they’re logged in on user B’s device when they have different apple id’s?  

How can I tell that the user A is not associated with user B’s apple id?

Do we need to only allow login on the device with the users corresponding apple id?

icon

Best answer by Miguel Carranza 29 October 2022, 00:04

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Matthew,

Managing identity is different for every app. It seems that you have your own account system, in which case I would suggest you set the restore behavior to block. That should be more than enough to accomplish what you want.

This means, that if user B is trying to restore a purchase using user A (Apple ID’s A), it won’t get transferred. It will remain associated to A. If a renewal comes in for A, it will never be registered to B, but for A. 

However, if you set the behavior to “transfer purchases”, you might end up moving subscriptions from one user to the other when restoring purchases. You can find more information about it here.

Badge +3

Thank you for you reply.  Is there a way to know when there is a mismatch of apple ID’s?  like your example:

“if user B is trying to restore a purchase using user A (Apple ID’s A), it won’t get transferred. It will remain associated to A. If a renewal comes in for A, it will never be registered to B, but for A.“

Is there a way I can tell when user A is logged in but on user B apple ID?  That way I could show different UI explaining to the user that they need to be logged into their apple ID they created the subscription for.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

No, I don’t think there is an easy way to do it proactively. I think your best bet would be capturing the error when you see RECEIPT_ALREADY_IN_USE and react to it. https://www.revenuecat.com/docs/errors#-receipt_already_in_use