Solved

Is it possible to move a user to a different product?

• 3 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Let’s say I have two products both of which are auto renew subscriptions. Both give the same entitlements.

Product A is $10 per month

Product B is $15 per month

We offer product A to select customers. Is it possible to migrate a user who has purchased product B to product A? I know I can change the price of product B to match A but I only want to affect this single user. 

icon

Best answer by tina 3 August 2021, 20:57

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @Joshua!

The app stores do not allow developers to change a subscription on behalf of a customer, only the customer can change their subscription.

iOS will handle this logic for you, while there is some logic you will have to implement for Android. More information about upgrades/downgrades/crossgrades in this community post:

Since the product is only available to select customers, you can override the specific customer’s current offering through RevenueCat’s REST API so they can see the product in the paywall.

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Since the product is only available to select customers, you can override the specific customer’s current offering through RevenueCat’s REST API so they can see the product in the paywall.

Hi, 

Lets say we have

Customer Group A

Customer Group B

And then I wanted add another product:

Customer Group A

Product A1 is $8 per month

Customer Group B

What’s to stop all customers in Group B seeing the products available to Group A in the Subscriptions tab of the App Store? Right now all these products are in the same Subscription Group, even though they are offered to different customer groups in the app?

Basically, we want to introduce a new lower price product for a certain group of customers. We can filter the right products for them in the app, but that doesn’t stop a any user seeing this product in the App Store?