Question

introductoryPrice returns null on some Android devices

• 21 February 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

I’m using the Flutter SDK and the introductoryPrice field returns null even if the free trial is set on the Google Developer Console. This also happens in production. I looked up my crash reports and found out that there aren’t many users affected by this bug. I haven’t tested on several devices, but I guess it only happens on several Android devices or the OS versions. At least I confirmed that it doesn’t work on my device. Anyone else has experienced the same issue?

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hey @Jaesung!

I’ve been looking into a report of this happening with one of our React Native users and this may help me debug that issue and yours 😱 React Native issue for reference - https://github.com/RevenueCat/react-native-purchases/issues/331

In this RN issue, the introductory price is returning null after the user is cancelling. Do you know if that is the same issue in your case?

And do you happen to know which Android devices or OS versions that are experiencing this?

Thanks!

Badge +3

Maybe not the same issue, I found that it only returns null when the user is not eligible for free trial which kind of makes sense but it’s still not clear since it doesn’t work like this on iOS. On iOS, the SDK returns a non-null value regardless of the user’s eligibility. This issue is being discussed here.