Skip to main content
Question

How to set up In App Purchases For Service (Flutter App)

• 22 June 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello! I am new to RevenueCat and I’m hoping to get some assistance on the best way to set up in-app purchases for my Flutter app (ios and android). I won’t have a version for subscriptions for 1-2 months, so my focus is on in-app purchases for the services that I provide. I want the user to be able to purchase a service before we chat in the app or online. After that chat takes place, the user will need to purchase a service again if they need to chat. Is this considered a consumable?

I read this online: “Although RevenueCat is primarily used to handle subscription purchases, our SDK will track all purchases, including consumable and non-consumable in-app purchases (IAPs).” Are there any specific instructions on how to set this up? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

This post has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi there,

The best way to start integrating RevenueCat is following our guide, which covers step by step everything needed to have purchases working in your app. This is a great place to start, here you will configure your products and create your entitlements. If you rely on entitlements from the beginning, when you decide to switch to subscriptions it will be very easy!

Since you are going to start with consumable/no-consumable products, I recommend you read this section where we go in depth on how to configure them. To answer your question whether you should do consumable or non-consumable, I would say is more a business question. Consumable would mean that your users would have to pay every time they want to access the chat while non-consumable would mean that they only pay once and they get access lifetime.

I hope this helps!