Skip to main content
Question

How to set up a Paywall for consumable products, and why are there no templates?

• 9 August 2024
  • 3 replies

I just spent a good deal of time setting up offerings for consumable products. I have many different variations I would like to try with the A/B experimental testing method. In trying to setup a Paywall, I found that they are geared solely toward subscriptions and not at all toward consumable products. Is this something that I am not supposed to do? Would I be “hacking” the system if I did it? Are there any ways I can customize a template to show an offering that is made up of consumable products in a way that makes sense? Please help!

It seems like many people are implementing tip jars these days, which use consumable products. Wouldn’t it make sense to have a paywall we could easily configure for a tip jar, and we could also make use of offerings and A/B experimental testing?

Hey @AppDev777,

At this time, RevenueCat’s Paywalls are not compatible with consumable products. Apologies for the inconvenience here. This is certainly on our roadmap and something that we hope to support in the future - I can pass along as well your idea of a tip jar styled template!

But they can be *used* for consumables, right? Even though it may look a little funny?