Question

How to migrate from RevenueCat to StoreKit 2 for IAP only?

• 7 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi! I currently have an app that uses RevenueCat - it only has one IAP and has 200 past purchases. I implemented RevenueCat last month (version 4.17.8) and my app only supports iOS16 so I think its using SK2 under the hood.

RevenueCat has been awesome, but for my current minimal need (one IAP), I am considering migrating to SK2 until I implement any subscriptions feature. As I read from this [super great article](https://www.revenuecat.com/blog/engineering/ios-in-app-subscription-tutorial-with-storekit-2-and-swift/) I can implement it without any backend.

I used the default Purchase.configure method following the tutorial. So I assume storeKit2Settings is set to `enabledOnlyForOptimizations`.

I was wondering is it just a direct migration? If I move from RevenueCat to on-device SK2, will my 200 past customers still be able to restore their purchases through `Transaction.currentEntitlements`? Or do I need to export their data and do something special with it.

Thanks for your help!

2 replies

Badge +1

I tested locally and Transaction.currentEntitlements was able to validate purchases even when purchases were made via RevenueCat. Finger crossed for this in prod..

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi,

I used the default Purchase.configure method following the tutorial. So I assume storeKit2Settings is set to `enabledOnlyForOptimizations`.

Correct.

If I move from RevenueCat to on-device SK2, will my 200 past customers still be able to restore their purchases through `Transaction.currentEntitlements`?

Yes, this will work. Maybe a very small delay for the user as things switch over. There’s also the `Transaction.all` api for purchase history.