Solved

How to Force Sandbox Tester to have a Faster Expiration Date for Auto-renewable Subscriptions?

• 5 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

The subscription part of my app charges users per week and the initial purchase gives users a 2 week trial period, which means they have 2 weeks before the initial subscription expires.

I submitted my app for review and I got a rejection:

Guideline 2.1 - Information Needed
We are not able to continue our review because we need access to a demo account with an expired subscription to review the entire purchase flow.
Next Steps
To resolve this issue, provide a user name and password for a demo account with expired subscriptions in the App Review Information section of App Store Connect.

The issue is when I make a sandbox test purchase, the expiration date is 2 weeks from now. How can I force a faster expiration date? If I can’t, then I have to wait 2 weeks until I can give this to the reviewer.

Here are the purchase printouts from RevenueCat

latestPurchaseDate= 2023-11-05 22:14:03 +0000

originalPurchaseDate= 2023-11-05 22:14:03 +0000

expirationDate= 2023-11-19 22:14:03 +0000

I went to App Store Connect > Users and Access > Sandbox Testers and when I clicked the sandbox test email I'm using it says

Subscription Renewal Rate?

Monthly renewal every 5 minutes.

I don't see anything for weekly, daily, etc … so I don’t see how I can change the rate to something faster than my 2 week window.

Not sure if this matters but I'm using a simulator and I'm logged in with the sandbox email on the simulator and in its iCloud. I also used the same sandbox email/pw before I made the initial purchase when the Apple alert appears and asks for those credentials before you can make a purchase. This is a brand new never used sandbox tester that made the first purchase on a simulator that I never made a purchase on before. 

icon

Best answer by lance-samaria 6 November 2023, 01:23

View original

3 replies

Badge +3

I found the answer to this here and here. In short if you have weekly subscriptions like me pick Monthly Renewal Every 30 Seconds as explained below. This will expedite your test renewal transactions.

To test your purchase on a Simulator in Xcode and to adjust the renewal rate (it doesn't matter what the App Store Connect Sandbox tester renewal rate is). 

Xcode Steps:

1- Select whatever you named your StoreKit Configuration File.

2- Select Editor from top menu.

3- Select Subscription Renewal Rate.

4- Choose a renewal rate of Monthly Renewal Every 30 Seconds.

App Store Connect and Xcode no longer have weekly Subscription Renewal Rates, they only offer monthly as explained here

Although the subscription renewal rates in Xcode 13.2 and later are in terms of a monthly renewal, you can still use these rates to modify the rate subscriptions of durations other than monthly renew at. The rates will extrapolate to be roughly proportional to how the monthly renewal changes. These rates are identical to the rates in the sandbox environment, so you can use the table on the Test in app purchases document as a reference.

There are time rate options unique to StoreKit Testing in Xcode: Real Time, and Monthly Renewal Every 30 Seconds. Here is how the latter effects durations:

• 1 week: 10 seconds • 1 month: 30 seconds • 2 months: 1 minute • 3 months: 90 seconds • 6 months: 3 minutes • 1 year: 6 minutes

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Glad you figured it out, let us know if anything else comes up!

Badge +3

I found the answer to this here and here. In short if you have weekly subscriptions like me pick Monthly Renewal Every 30 Seconds as explained below. This will expedite your test renewal transactions.

To test your purchase on a Simulator in Xcode and to adjust the renewal rate (it doesn't matter what the App Store Connect Sandbox tester renewal rate is). 

Xcode Steps:

1- Select whatever you named your StoreKit Configuration File.

2- Select Editor from top menu.

3- Select Subscription Renewal Rate.

4- Choose a renewal rate of Monthly Renewal Every 30 Seconds.

App Store Connect and Xcode no longer have weekly Subscription Renewal Rates, they only offer monthly as explained here

Although the subscription renewal rates in Xcode 13.2 and later are in terms of a monthly renewal, you can still use these rates to modify the rate subscriptions of durations other than monthly renew at. The rates will extrapolate to be roughly proportional to how the monthly renewal changes. These rates are identical to the rates in the sandbox environment, so you can use the table on the Test in app purchases document as a reference.

There are time rate options unique to StoreKit Testing in Xcode: Real Time, and Monthly Renewal Every 30 Seconds. Here is how the latter effects durations:

• 1 week: 10 seconds • 1 month: 30 seconds • 2 months: 1 minute • 3 months: 90 seconds • 6 months: 3 minutes • 1 year: 6 minutes

I was wondering why my purchases were having the actually time of the subscription period and not the shortened one, even though i was purchasing using a test account. I didn’t know you can do this from xcode using the test store config ( though it seems pretty logic now ). Thank you