Skip to main content

I’m having a bear of a time wrapping my arms around how to use the wonderful Paywall features of RC, but offering my users both a subscription AND method to just buy a consumable (e.g. 20-pack of credits).  I understand RC Paywall features won’t include non-subscription (consumable) products,  even if they’re in the offering, correct?

So what’s the recommended method for displaying both the subscription products AND consumables in one Paywalled screen?

1. We’re coding in Flutter/Dart using FlutterFlow to help with UI design
  2. Our app is free to use, but users may purchase “Credits” (consumables) to use with some features
  3. Subscription will entitle them to use certain features (e.g. credit sharing), and may automatically add auto-resetting credits based on the particular product. (think like a phone plan which includes n minutes of data, and then they need to purchase additional data-packs if they run out, but the n minutes auto-resets every billing period)

When a user is out of credits, or simply wants to subscribe, we’d like to present the Paywall UI where they can choose to subscribe, or simply purchase credit packs.   Each will obviously be handled and tracked on our back end.

Our preference is NOT to hard-code our product IDs or Offerings into our client.

Q1:  Could I use the RC Paywall feature for the subscriptions, and a totally separate RC UI for consumable offerings, and code to dynamically populate and display those consumable offerings (credit packs)?

Q2: Could we use the Flutter SDK to fetch all the products in an offering (subscriptions and consumable), and iterate through the set of products dynamically building the Paywall UI?  (essentially, doing the exact thing the RC Paywall display is supposed to be doing for us).  This would avoid having to use two different method to display all our products (the Q1 approach). 

Q3: Is there a timeline that the RC team might be able to share when their Paywall templates could include *all* products? @cody ?     I’d hate to do the work just to have RC release the enhancement at the end of our dev cycle.

Q4: Is there anything in the Flutterflow integration that would support dynamically building a list of all the products in an offering?   On looking, it looks like the FF integration is minimal and only supports single-product hardcoding (which we might have to do at first 😒)

Hi @Red-Rob,

As you correctly mentioned, consumables are not available in our paywalls feature. 

Said that, they are totally fine and usable when they are into an offering. This means that you could build the UI on your side and still use offerings to determine what to show and what it grants.

Once you have everything in an offering, you can see and list all products in it - no problem with that. You can find here how to build a custom paywall with the offering.

We are currently working a lot on expanding what paywalls offer, I can’t provide you with an ETA at the moment but I’ll check with the team and see if it’s something we are going to build soon-ish or not in the near future.

Let me know if this helps!

Hi @joan-cardona -- thanks for that -- very helpful.

So you’re saying non-subscription (consumable) products in an offering will also be included in that?   I’ll want to use some logic probably so non-subscription items (consumables) present differently from subscription products.  But this is good info.

I presume behind the scenes, FF is calling the RC Flutter SDK, yes?   This will be important since we download the FlutterFlow-gen’d code and often will then add hooks to call our exteranl/custom code. 

...<snip>….

Once you have everything in an offering, you can see and list all products in it - no problem with that. You can find here how to build a custom paywall with the offering.

...<snip>….

Looked over that page and also read some other info from RC.

If the offering includes products that are from a Stripe or RC Billing connection, will they all be included when i query what is in the offering for purposes of building our dynamic paywall?   Or will it only include Google/Play store products that are in the offering and omit the Stripe/RC-Billing products?

Hi @Red-Rob,

Yes, FlutterFlow uses the RevenueCat SDK so offerings will show up there just like if you were using the RevenueCat SDK directly.

Offerings don’t include RC Billing products, but they will include Stripe products.