How to detect the same user in different iPhones?

• 6 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +5

I have a server with a database for users and I can control accessing to my services by a login process.

I want to grant premium access to users only for one device.

If he/she wants to install my app on other devices how can I identify user and disable previous device?

Is there any unique user id that refers to users?

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hey @Alireza Nazer , 

If you are trying to limit different users sharing a subscription our transfer restore behavior might be what you are looking for. This allows you to transfer the subscription to another user on restore. 

If you are trying to limit a user not be able to share their subscription for example from iPad to iPhone this isn’t something that can be configured on RevenueCat’s side and would need to be handled on your end. Additionally I found these docs from Apple talking about how this is a limitation they don’t support: https://developer.apple.com/app-store/review/guidelines/#subscriptions

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

Badge +5

Thank you @jazmine 

I want to have anything unique about user.

Is there any unique user id or anything else to be unique that refers to users?

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hey @Alireza Nazer , 

The App User IDs would be unique to the user. You could potentially set a unique identifier using Subscriber Attributes and clear/ reset it each time. 

Badge +5

@jazmine 

No, the App User ID will change in case of uninstalling and reinstalling as well as installing on a new device(by the same user).

I have tested it many times(in a sandbox environment).