Question

How long is data stored in the RevenueCat systems?

• 8 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

Hi everyone,

for the transparency in our privacy policy, we need to know how long the user related data is stored in the systems of RevenueCat. Of course, this depends on how long a subscription is, so I could imagine something like “12 months after a subscription has ended”.

Unfortunately, I haven’t found anything in RevenueCats privacy policy, so I’m asking here for a helpful note :)

Best,

Ben

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hey Ben! 

You can find the relevant information in our Privacy Policy here: https://www.revenuecat.com/privacy/ but I'll quote out the relevant sections below.

How long we keep your information

We retain personal data during any period in which you have expressed an interest in our products and services, for as long as you have an account with us in order to meet our contractual obligations to you, and for six years after that to identify any issues and resolve any legal proceedings. We may also retain aggregate information beyond this time for research purposes and to help us develop and improve our services. You cannot be identified from aggregate information retained or used for these purposes.

For the purpose of your end users, the specific information that we store will be found earlier in the section Information We Collect: 

• “End User Technical Information”: This refers to technical information related to an end user’s mobile device or computer, such as: device type, operating system,
  • “End User Transaction Information”: This refers to transaction information related to an end user’s activities with respect to your app or other digital product, and may include:
  • Last seen time that the end user used your app or digital product;
  • Apple receipt file; and
  • Google purchase token,
  • “Optional End User Information”: This refers to information that we may receive if you select or enable this option in our products, which may include:
  • User ID of the end user in your app or digital product; and
  • Additional attribution or metadata associated with an end user.

Hope this helps!

Badge +4

Hi kaitlin,

thanks for your answer. I found this, too. But unfortunately, it doesn’t answer how long the end user’s data is stored. Or is this data stored as long as we have an RevenueCat account plus the 6 years mentioned in the first section about our data?

Best,

Ben

Hi Ben!

We keep a subscriber’s information even after the end of a subscription to maintain historical integrity. However, when a user deletion request is made, that is done immediately. For everything else, we retain the information until you ask us to explicitly delete it, or for the 6 years period, whichever comes first.