Solved

Consumable Purchase via Test Flight

• 16 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

I am testing a tvOS app that has a subscription and two consumable product IAP. The consumable product IAP works properly when running the tvOS app via Xcode. However, when running the same app via Test Flight, the consumable IAP does not allow the purchase of a second exact consumable and instead provides this message: “The In-app purchase has already been bought. It will be restored for free”. Again this is a consumable purchase so there should be no restoration and the user should be able to purchase it as often as they want. This again does NOT happen when running via Xcode. The consumable IAP is set as consumable on App Store Connect and is not associated with any entitlement here on RevenueCat. I am obviously concerned that if it’s happening on TF that it will happen in production as well. Why is this occurring? 

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Scott 16 January 2022, 22:33

View original

2 replies

Badge +2

It looks like I solved this issue. The solution was to use an actual Apple ID for TF purchases and not a sandbox user account (which works fine from Xcode in development). An actual account won't charge for real in this context but does allow the purchase of consumable IAP without the “already purchased” problem. I may recommend to RevCat that this be added as a note within the testing documentation provided here. 

Badge +3

I am facing the same issue, even with using a non-sandbox user (Tester user)