Question

Configuring subscription products

• 18 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +4
Hello,

I have a question on how to implement RevenueCat in our react native app and would like to verify if i configured the products correctly.

So i have 1 subscription group in the app store with product a monthly, a yearly, b monthly, b yearly, a+b monthly and a+b yearly.
I added these 1 to 1 in products in RevenueCat. Then I made 3 entitlements: a, b and a+b and added their monthly and yearly product. These are the 3 levels of access. These 3 levels i want to show in the app. When a user already has subscription a and purchase b it needs to go to a+b. Now i get confused with offerings because i create a default one and can only add 1 monthly and 1 yearly product.

What I do now to show the products in the app is with Purchases.getOfferings() and then made 3 offerings. Again a, b and a+b and get result.all instead of current to loop over all the products. In app i can purchase a product in sandbox mode and get an active subscription but then i can purchase another. Is this normal ?
How do i configure these 3 bundles correctly and show them accordingly ?

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hey @Flux , 

When creating your offerings you wouldn’t need to have a+b because from the scenario you are describing the user would need to purchase and b to have additional access correct? So could just have 2 offerings (  A and B) and then display both to the user if need be.

If you did just want to create 1 offering you could create a customer identifier when adding the product to the offerings and it would allow you to attach more than one monthly/yearly product. 

Additionally, it might be best for you to control access for the final tier (a+b) because if you attach both of these products to the entitlement even if the user only purchases one, that entitlement will be unlocked. So what you could do is call getPurchaserInfo() and check that both products are purchased and then unlock the feature/access in your app.

Does that make sense? Let me know if you have more questions about what I explained. 

Badge +4

Hi @jazmine, thanks for your reply ! the a + b has a different price when purchasing a and b seperatly so i think it still needs to be a seperate product ?

So far i have 3 entitlements. Entitlement 1 holds product a monthly and a yearly. Entitlement 2 holds product b monthly and b yearly. Entitlement 3 holds product a+b monthly and a+b yearly.

When i create an offering i can only add 1 monthly product. So i don’t understand that part. I would guess i could get a list of all 6 products. So far different prices for these products are not needed. What i need to have is 1 pool of these 6 products that can only be purchased one at a time. For example if you purchase product a monthly and then a yearly it should switch between the 2. In the sandbox environment i can now purchase all of them and they add up when i do getPurchaseInfo(); How can i set this up correctly and avoid that ?

Badge

I guess you shouldnt use predefined identifiers but use custom identifiers with naming like: pro_y, pro_m, medium_y, medium_m, basic_y, basic_m