Hi, really loving RevenueCat!
I have the following situation:
- Android App
- I initialize Purchases SDK in the AndroidApplication class with an anonymous User ID
- User logs in → I log in the user into the purchases SDK
- → User has an anonymous ID + my domain user ID
The problem happens, when the following happens:
- The user purchases a subscription with automatic renewal
- The user uninstalls the app and then installs it again
- The next time the webhook calls my backend for the renewal, it will contain ONLY an previously unknown anonymous ID and no way for me to match it to the user
The main problem stems from this I believe:
|Current App User ID||Provided App User ID already exists?||Provided App User ID has anonymous alias?||Result|
|Anonymous||Yes||Yes||PurchaserInfo changes to Provided ID, no aliases created.|
My solution is to manually alias the current app user Id every time a user logs in IF the current app user id is an anonymous one. It has worked so far, however, it feels strange.
Is this the correct approach?
Additionally, could someone explain to me, why in this case, the approach is to not alias the user IDs for me to better understand what I could break by doing this?