Question

App can't fetch offers when app is under review but works fine in TestFlight

• 16 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

Hello! 

I am integrating RevenueCat with Flutter, and so far everything was working good. I added subscriptions in the last version and they seemed to work good. However, when I added a new version and submitted it to review to Apple, the review team can’t seem to fetch offers in the app and hence the new version is getting rejected. It works fine in TestFlight, and in Android, and I can't reproduce the error on my side. But the app review team keeps getting the same error. 

Any ideas why that might be?

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

If testing works for you on a real device and it doesn't work for App Review, then that means App Review is having issues on their end not related to your app or RevenueCat. It's not uncommon for App Review to not be able to test successfully because of issues and outages with the sandbox environment. Here's what we recommend:

1. Try testing in TestFlight on a real device. If this doesn't work, then you should review your App Store Connect and RevenueCat configurations. If this works, move on to step 2.
  2. Make sure you submit your in-app purchases with your build. There's a screenshot of where to do this in this guide: https://docs.revenuecat.com/docs/app-store-rejections#issues-fetching-products 
  3. Ask App Review to approve your in-app purchases before they test purchasing. We've seen issues before where the App Review team wasn't approving the in-app purchases.
  4. If you went through the steps above and App Review is still rejecting your app, try talking directly with App Review. We've seen other developers send screenshots and videos to App Review of the purchase working in sandbox and having some success in getting approved.

Please note that this is an app review issue, not a RevenueCat issue, so while the above tips may help, we cannot guarantee that they will approve your app.

Badge +3

Thank you for your reply.

1. I can confirm that the subscriptions are working in TestFlight. 
  2. I was wondering if I need to re-submit the in-app purchases in my new version, when I haven’t changed the subscriptions from the previous version. If so, how can I do it? I can’t find the option to add them as shown in the linked screenshot sent by you.

Thanks again for your response, I really appreciate it!

Badge +2

I’ve hit the same problem.

Xcode and TestFlight are fine. I’m getting rejected at review because:

The advice here seems to be just re-submit without any changes but if I do that, they’re going to think I’m insane.

I really want this app out and it appears that this is the only thing stopping that from happening.

Badge +1

I’m running into the same issue. In Testflight I’m able to see all products but in production it’s not fetching. Were you able to fix it?

Badge +4

@prime did you eventually get yours to work? I just had this issue. Recorded a video of it working in test flight for me. Woundering if i need to send it to them.