Solved

API access page has gone away

• 11 October 2023
  • 10 replies

Badge

The Google Play Services credentials documentation from Revenue Cat walks through a step (1) in the API Access page of the Google Play Console. However, that page no longer exists:

Can step 1 be ignored now?

PS: Google Play docs definitely need to be updated.

icon

Best answer by MarcosC 11 October 2023, 10:58

View original

10 replies

Badge +2

Having the same issue. Would appreciate any updates.

Thanks,

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @pedro-sales-muniz / @salva 

Thanks for reporting it, I’ve shared this internally to get it updated….

In the meantime, you need to create a project in the Google Cloud console (link: https://console.cloud.google.com/projectcreate)

Then enable Google Play Developer API page (link: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/androidpublisher.googleapis.com/)

Once enabled, it will tell you hat you need credentials and a buttion to create them and you can follow from there

Let me know how it goes

Badge

Hi @MarcosC , and thanks for the reply!

I already had a google cloud / firebase project, and had already followed all the steps except the 1st, so simply enabling the Google Play Android Developer API did it for me!

For future reference, I was having issues validating my credentials (inappproducts API and monetization API).

Badge +2

Hi @MarcosC,

Since “API access page has gone away” is showing in Google Play Console, How do we “Grant Financial Access to RevenueCat” as stated here: https://www.revenuecat.com/docs/creating-play-service-credentials#3-grant-financial-access-to-revenuecat

Thank you.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@snave 

sorry for the inconvenience, google removing that section is new :( 

I think two more things are needed:

• Once you created the service account, you should invite the services account in the 

Users and permissions on google play console and add those permissions

Badge +2

Thank you @MarcosC for the help and reply. This worked for me.

But upon uploading the Service Account Credentials JSON, there was a warning “Credentials need attention” and “Could not validate subscriptions API permissions”. Is this the one that we should wait for within 36 hours? 

Thank you.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Yeah, that can take up to 36 hours to propagate.

The reason we return we couldn’t validate subscriptions API is basically because we don’t have any purchase token to try it out. What I would suggest you to do is:

• Create some products in google console
  • Import them into RevenueCat
  • Configure an offering
  • Try a purchase flow in sandbox to see if the purchase works. (this is what might fail because of the propagation time)

same issue for me 🤔
trying to setup a new project, documentation page should be updated 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@evgenia-7caf19 this is a recent change from Google. We are working on updating our docs. In the meantime you can follow what I mentioned here

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@evgenia-7caf19 docs have been updated