Question

Active subscription doesn't show in Manage Subscription iOS

• 31 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

I set up the paywall and successfully bought a subscription. 

In revenue cat dashboard I can see it being active but i can’t see it in the manage subscription settings on my device.

I’m not using a sandbox account as I’m using my own personal device to test and I haven’t logged out from it. But the purchase says that it’s a test one, i guess that’s because i’m installing the app via xcode?

Any ideas as to why i can’t see it in the subscriptions list?

And also in this post it says that the subscriptions durations are greatly reduced but i see the subscription that i’ve made will be renewed after a year, like normal. Is that because i haven’t made the purchase through a sandbox account?

Thank you

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I believe that you are correct that this may be an issue with not using a sandbox tester account. Would you mind trying this again and letting me know if it is still causing issues? Here are the instructions for how to do so.

Badge +3

Will come back with an update when i get myself a new test iphone so i can try a test account. 👍

Badge +3

@wes_clark I’ve tried on an iphone on which i’ve logged in with my sandbox test account. 
I’ve made several purchases and bought some subscription packages. 

I’ve checked that the region is the same on the user and in my phone. 

There are some things i noticed:

1. Give you’re documentation (i guess it’s the apple side though) from https://www.revenuecat.com/docs/apple-app-store I should be able to see the sandbox account id field but i don’t. 
  1. If i go to the subscription ( Settings → My name → Subscriptions)

3. I don’t know how or where sohuld i see the right time of expiration of some subscriptions. In the appstore connect, for this test user account i’ve selected that the monthly subscriptions should last 3 minutes. But if i go to the revenuecat sandbox (or I try to purchase a new subscription) it says the normal date for when it will expire/renew. 

Any advice would be appreciated 🙏
Thank you