Solved

4 packages under one entitlement?

• 3 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

So we are facing a weird edge case in the app.

Two months ago I created an entitlement "monthlysub"  and assigned two products "monthlysub" from apple and "monthysub" from google play store (I know the naming convention is not ideal).
So a user purchased the subscription "monthlysub" and cancelled it later on.

Now we decided to create a new product for specific users with 30 days trial. We decided to name the new product "amplimontlysub"  on both apple and google platforms.
Next, I decided to add these products under the already exiting "monthlysub" entitlement. So now " monthlysub" entitlement has a total of four products.”

Now when an old user who purchased two months ago but cancelled it decide to subscribe to  "amplimontlysub" product and the transactions from the apple side go thru, the transaction is done I see a pop from apple "you are all set" then I get an error from revenuecat that "there is already another active subscriber using the same receipt".

How do I handle this? we want to offer a different subscription to a few specific users who signup for the app using a promocode.

Is it because the entitlement is same for all 4 products?

thanks

icon

Best answer by tina 3 November 2021, 18:40

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hey @MoneyPrep 

Entitlements being the same for all 4 products won’t be the culprit here. That error message you’re seeing corresponds to the RECEIPT_ALREADY_IN_USE error code. You can change the restore behavior to "Transfer" which would transfer the receipt to the purchasing/restoring user instead of returning that error. More info on updating that setting here: https://docs.revenuecat.com/docs/restoring-purchases

That error is returned when a different App User ID already has the same device receipt that another user is trying to use - it doesn't have to do with any individual SKUs, but more about the underlying Apple/Google account.

Badge +4

That error is returned when a different App User ID already has the same device receipt that another user is trying to use - it doesn't have to do with any individual SKUs, but more about the underlying Apple/Google account.

I though receipts are tied to subscription purchases If i have a new separate subscription then receipt will be different from the one i had before.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @MoneyPrep 

For Apple app store, the receipt is associated to the Apple ID (production) or sandbox account (sandbox). They provide a full history of transaction information within the receipt. So when a new purchase is made and the receipt is sent to our servers, the receipt will contain the new purchase along with historical transactions as well.

I saw that you also added the ‘Google Play Store’ tag, but it looks like the post itself is just talking about the Apple behavior. FYI for Google Play Store, Android receipts do not contain the full history of a customer’s purchases,  just the last 90 days (if expired).