What are Starter plan customers doing, that I’m not ?

• 9 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

Hey all, 

I have a question for the wider community, as well as RevenueCat mods & contributors.

I, like most people, who lean heavily on RC .. absolutely love the service. Not to mention it’s support, its amazing SDK and the hours/days/weeks it has saved me.

As soon as I realised how important RC was for the development of my indie-app developer journey, I opted for the Starter plan.

If I’m completely honest, I didn’t really know the difference between the Free and Starter .. it just felt like the obvious choice, and I was also sooooo far away from $1,000 MTR 😃

** STOP PRESS **

I’ve never reached the MTR threshold to require a RC payment .. but in the next month or two, I hope to do exactly that 🎉

back to my question

What are Starter plan customers doing, that I’m not ?

Everything in Free plus charts, customer lists, webhooks, Slack integration, and up to 5 seats for your team

I look at the Charts every now and again .. but most of the time the line looks the same as any other charts.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m very grateful for the upward path (it makes me feel like I’m in Sales Meeting scene from a film) .. but I don’t make any dynamic critical business decisions based from them, they just make me feel great.

I also have set up the Slack integration to let me know of any activity .. again very nice, it powers my ego and I love to dopamine hit every other day, or so.

but I feel I’m not really using the true power of Starter Plan features.

Are people doing clever things with Webhooks ?

Are people doing clever things with Customer Lists ?

I find the customer lists quite confusing or lacking ..

I wish I could order a column, or

See a list of Trial Customers (that haven’t Cancelled) ordered by when they are due to convert, or

I’d like to group my customers by Country .. I’d like to know if I have more subscribers in US, AUS, CAN, UK .. or wherever.

I’m sure it’s me .. there’s bound to be a way to get that sort of insights.

I’m just wondering what other people are doing with the Customer List data .. that gives them insights to make impactful actions (i.e. increase Apple Search Ad spend in a particular country, to boost downloads)

Please don’t get me wrong .. I absolutely LOVE RevenueCat .. I evangelise about them all the time.

I just would like to know if I can squeeze out some extra value, and understand what I’m missing, from being on the Starter plan

(In fairness, I’m so excited to actually start paying and contributing towards RC .. that I’d stay on the Starter plan, even if I find zero advantages … but just because Jacob and his team deserve it, and so much more … Thank You @Jacob Eiting)

1 reply

Hey Matt, 

We actually have a great blog post that answers almost all your questions about how RevenueCat Starter/Pro features can help you accelerate your app growth, in addition to monitoring what works and what doesn’t along the way. The blog even touches on grouping by country as a cohort. 

Let me know if you’d like some more detail about any of the topics covered there, or if you have any unanswered questions.

Cheers,

Jonny