Solved

How long does it take for chart data to populate after first launching?

• 8 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +5

Hello!

We just launched an update of our app yesterday that uses RevenueCat to manage subscription IAPs. I can see some of the summary information at the top of the dashboard display how many active trials there currently are, along with a revenue summary, etc. But when I click through to view any of the charts, all the data is still empty. I understand that some charts are delayed by 7 days, like the trial start chart, but all the other charts are empty too. I’m also able to see the recent transactions coming in at the summary list at the bottom of the dashboard.

Looking at the Charts guide (https://docs.revenuecat.com/docs/charts#monthly-recurring-revenue), it seems like most of the data should populate right away:

“All charts are generated from the current snapshot of purchase receipts saved in RevenueCat and work independently from any in-app usage. This means that your charts are always up-to-date, without having to rely on any client-side event logging.”

So just wanted to confirm if there was some delay for the data to initially populate when first launching with RevenueCat or is there something else that needs to be done?

icon

Best answer by ryan 8 September 2021, 23:12

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

The “old” charts can be up to 24hrs behind 😔 The “new” charts should be ~1hr or less behind 😀

There is a toggle in the dashboard to switch to the “new” charts, which will be the default in the near future.

Badge +5

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for the quick reply! I’m able to see data coming through the new charts section now. We will keep in mind that the old charts can be up to 24 hours behind and will refer to the new charts for the most up to date data moving forward.