Skip to main content

I’m sandbox testing subscriptions (iOS). A sandbox user created a subscription, and I see the subscription shown in the Customers portal. However, the ID doesn’t match the ID logged in the Xcode console (`Purchases.shared.customerInfo().id`). This is an anonymous user ID. Shouldn’t these IDs match?

Hi @scotteg,

Is the customer aliased? You can check this by opening the customer profile in the RevenueCat dashboard and scrolling down to the aliases section.

Hi @sharif, I don’t see an aliases section on the customer profile. I don’t capture any user ID info. All the App user IDs are anonymous. What I’m trying to determine is if the anonymous ID that’s assigned is (or is supposed to be) the same across launches.

Hey @scotteg, the anonymous ID can change if you delete and reinstall the app. Especially in sandbox, where that’s a common flow, you might accumulate many anonymous IDs in the dashboard. But just the fact that it’s changing doesn’t really help determine if there’s an issue. If you kill and launch the app again, it definitely shouldn’t change unless you’re calling logout.