Question

Google price limits on subscriptions

• 21 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I was just trying to configure Google subscriptions for a B2B app that I’m developing, and that’s when I realized that there were price limits on subscriptions.

My first reaction was why? Why does Google impose such low limits. 350€ for a yearly subscription for a business app seems like a very low limit.

But then I wonder if there is any way to work around this limit? Because right now, some of our monthly subscriptions are above 35€ and we have no way to incentivize people to pay for a year instead of a month.

Note that this is the first time I monetize an app through IAP, so I have zero idea of what’s common or not.

This post has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi,

Unfortunately there is no workaround for that on the RC side. You could potentially split it up into 6 mo subscriptions, thus giving you a higher annual price point.

Badge +1

And what if I have yearly subscriptions accessible only the web version of my app using Stripe? Can I suggest users who are paying for a monthly subscription on the store to cancel it and subscribe yearly on the web instead (outside of the app of course)? Could I have 2 different offerings to handle that scenario?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I know that Apple will sometimes ban apps that try to redirect payments outside of the app (because it dodges Apple’s fee). Not sure how carefully Google monitors it, but that would be a risk of redirecting the user to Stripe.

Badge +1

I know. That’s why I was not even thinking of redirecting to the website from within the app, but more to reach out to those who took a monthly subscription outside of the app, and offer them to cancel their monthly subscription within the app and then resubscribe on the web instead. But I’m not sure it’s possible.