Solved

RAW Data about my receipts

• 3 August 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge +4

How can I get raw data about my receipts?

icon

Best answer by sharif 3 August 2021, 22:50

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

RevenueCat parses out the data from receipts and makes it available in a few ways:

1. Via our REST API
  2. Using customer lists to view and export lists of customers based on filters you set
  3. Webhook notifications and other analytics integrations
  4. Daily ETL exports which contain all of your app’s transactions across your user base

RevenueCat abstracts away a lot of the small details contained in receipts so you get a simplified view of the data in the receipts. The different APIs contain varying amounts of information, so take a look at the guides I linked above to find the best option for your use case.

We don’t have any APIs to get the raw data of the receipts but if you need them for any one-time tasks or migrations we’d be happy to help - just reach out to the support team using the support form in your account settings.

Badge +1

RevenueCat abstracts away a lot of the small details contained in receipts so you get a simplified view of the data in the receipts. (...) We don’t have any APIs to get the raw data of the receipts but if you need them for any one-time tasks or migrations we’d be happy to help

It is slimy of you to not provide easy access to receipts (even on client after the user just has made a purchase).

I presume the reason for not supporting this is to make it harder to migrate away from RevenueCat. But in the process of making that harder, you are making certain other things harder also (not for everyone, but e.g. for me right now).

Badge +6

Similar thought. Vendor locking is good for business, but we as users have to call this out.

Please, provider an easier access. It does not feel great to have this data buried away from me, it’s an important pieces of information I want to have access to.

Badge +2

any solution about reaching the receipt after purchase?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hey all,

I see this post has gotten some views since our last response so we wanted to update everyone on this.

Vendor lock-in is the last thing we want to do. If you ever want or need to migrate away from RevenueCat for any reason, just let us know and we’ll export all of your receipts in a CSV file.

One of our goals here at RevenueCat is to simplify the purchase process across the App Store, Play Store, Amazon App Store, and Stripe. To do that, we provide a consistent API so that it doesn’t matter which store a customer purchases from, you’ll still get the same neat data. We take care of collecting and validating receipts with Apple’s, Google’s, Amazon’s, and Stripe’s APIs.

If you need do need the receipt, you can always use the native on-device APIs to get them. You can do this alongside RevenueCat without any issues. On iOS you would read the Bundle.main.appStoreReceiptURL property. On Google Play you would use the queryPurchaseHistoryAsync function in BillingClient. On Amazon Appstore you would use the getPurchaseUpdates() function in the com.amazon.device.iap package. And on Stripe of course you should already have the token from Stripe’s API.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi all,

One of our mobile engineers also wanted to point out that on-device APIs are not necessarily guaranteed to provide up to date information like server-side APIs provide which is another reason why we don’t provide APIs for native receipt fetching on the device. But you can always reach down into the native APIs like I explained above and get the tokens without any interference from RevenueCat.