Question

Purchase Transfer causing Revenuecat to report an anonymous user and loses firebase application id for the user

• 29 July 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +4

Hello everyone

We are facing one bug with Revenuecat and firebase integration when reporting subscribed users.

our system uses firebase and firebase assigned ids to the users, and we use the same ids to report a subscription, and revenuecat assigns it as an alias in the revenuecat dashboard.

The bug show when a user transfers his entitlement to another account, like this example:

here it’s transferring it to anonymous user

in the attributes it’s showing fine the firebase app id

then we move to the new account created after transferring the entitlements:

it’s not showing firebase app instance id, and reporting the user as anonymous revenuecat user

this is for the first time.

the second time, for another user something similar happened and here what happened:

the user transferred the entitlements to another user, so main account it was completely fine:

the attributes for the main user had firebase app instance id there.

in the transfer event it was as follows

so it created an anonymous id for the user. However, in the second account on revenuecat dashboard it showed a user id from firebase like this:

but in the user details on top, it showed a correct firebase user id like so:

so the same customer had now two ids, one anonymous and one firebase id

and it removed firebase instance id and stopped reporting to firebase customers collection.

anyone is facing this bug and have possible solution for it?

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

@cody Can someone please look at this?

I also have the issue that purchases are transferred to temporary accounts after a reinstall, which results in the user losing his subscription.

As a workaround, we need at least an option in the dashboard to revert these transfers!

Badge +4

@cody Can someone please look at this?

I also have the issue that purchases are transferred to temporary accounts after a reinstall, which results in the user losing his subscription.

As a workaround, we need at least an option in the dashboard to revert these transfers!

We worded around this by using the sync purchases after the user loges into his account and a restore button in our premium page.

I don’t know if this may help you, and if you have a better solution please do let me know.