Question

Not able to connect RevenueCat to the Play Console - Credentials Issue

• 22 December 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hello! 

I created the Service Account following all the instructions in the documentation, I've integrated the json file on RevenueCat correctly and more than 36 hours have passed (4 days have passed since). After some trials I'm still getting the credentials issue on Android, whereas on iOS everything works like a charm. Could you help me understand where the problem is? I had a before Christmas due date for this integration but this is taking longer than I thought unfortunately.

Here is the code I’m getting:

ERROR(30208): 🤖‼️ There was a credentials issue. Check the underlying error for more details.

I’m using Flutter with the purchases_flutter version 3.3.1

Thank you in advance!

5 replies

Badge +2

Anyone from RevenueCat? I don’t know what to tell my clients anymore.

Badge +2

@tina could you give me a hand with this? I’m having troubles explaining my clients why I cannot move forward with the development

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hey @DaveRiseUp 

Can you check the underlying error messages and let me know what you see there? Some things to double check for are:

1. You’ve enabled The Google Play Android Developer API for your project here: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/androidpublisher.googleapis.com/overview?project 
  2. The JSON credentials generated from step 2e are pasted correctly in the RevenueCat dashboard (meaning no white spaces, you’ve copied the entire JSON file, and making sure you pasted the correct keys. Some developers have multiple projects and paste the wrong keys in the RC dashboard).
  3. Inputted the correct Google Play package in your RevenueCat app settings page. 

Badge +2

Hello! Everything seems to be configured correctly, I checked multiple times and it still doesn’t work on Android..

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hey @DaveRiseUp 

I’ve heard of some reports of invalid credentials occurring when the subscription price isn’t added in Google Play Console. Can you double check your products if they all have a price attached to them?