Question

How to integrate with AppsFlyer without IDFA

• 20 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

Hi,

I’m trying to configure AppsFlyer and RevenueCat.  And I’m getting following errors in the console:

[Purchases] - ERROR: 😿‼️ Error when syncing subscriber attributes. Details: The operation couldn’t be completed. (RevenueCat.BackendError error 0.) 
[Purchases] - ERROR: 😿‼️ One or more of the attributes sent could not be saved. ["$idfv": "IDFV cannot be modified.", "$appsflyerId": "AppsFlyer ID cannot be modified."]

If I understand correctly, the AppsFlyer ID will be generated every time a user installs a new app. As users use multiple devices, I think this error will occur for every user who uses two or more devices. If this is the case, why is it shown as an error? Alternatively, how can I configure AppsFlyer and RevenueCat so that the AppsFlyer ID is unique? It seems impossible without IDFA

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hey @Krzysztof ,

This error is in fact happening because the subscriber attributes were unable to be saved. Those attributes are both part of the reserved attributes list that can be found here and need to be set accordingly. 

Alternatively, how can I configure AppsFlyer and RevenueCat so that the AppsFlyer ID is unique?

These properties can be set manually, like any other Subscriber Attributes, or through the helper methods to collectDeviceIdentifiers() and setAppsflyerId(). More information about setting these can be found here: https://www.revenuecat.com/docs/appsflyer#2-send-device-data-to-revenuecat