Question

Webhooks don't drop in my returns panel

• 4 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +2
Hello, when a customer buys, 'type": "NON_RENEWING_PURCHASE" appears in the Webhook Events section, but when there are returns, no data is sent to my panel, how can I overcome this problem?

When the return is made, I expect it to come to my revenuecat panel as 'CANCELLATION, but despite the return, no data is coming to my panel.

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Leon,

Unfortunately there’s some platform limitations for non-renewing purchases: https://www.revenuecat.com/docs/refunds

For Apple, you can get around this by enabling server notifications. For Google, you can refund them through our dashboard or API. If the user refunds it through Google itself, we can’t detect them.

Badge +2
Is there a way to find out when a refund has been issued?In the Revenucat documentation it said 'CANCELLATION' worked
Userlevel 3
Badge +8

If your server notifications are enabled, we will send a refund event to the customer’s timeline.

Badge +2
It is active, but it makes the refund by google and google performs the refund, but there is no data in the 'CANCELLATION' part, I tested it
Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Yes, as mentioned above:

If the user refunds it through Google itself, we can’t detect them.

Unfortunately this is a limitation from Google’s API. You may want to include a message in your app asking android users to contact you for a refund, which you can do through our API/dashboard