Question

User alias is created with delay using Purchases.getSharedInstance().logIn

• 20 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

We have encountered an issue where the user alias is created with a delay by using the following API:

In java: Purchases.getSharedInstance().logIn( … )

Below is the timeline of our user:

Because the delay described above, the Webhook notified our backend service with an AnonymuosID, and we do know about the alias happened afterward. Thus our own service cannot link the user’s REAL user id with the purchases and subscriptions they made.

This happens quite often on our side (more than 2% of our users are impacted!!!!), and it has caused a huge data loss already.

Please fix this as soon as possible, or let us know, what can goes wrong with the integration.

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi,

We’ve outlined some considerations for avoiding anonymous ids here: https://www.revenuecat.com/docs/user-ids#how-to-only-use-custom-app-user-ids

Are you calling logout() or configure() without a custom id?

Badge

Hi @Ryan Glanz 

We're calling configure without a custom id because our app doesn't require users to log in, users that do not log in can still use our app and purchase consumables for their single device usage. The real issue here is not about avoiding anonymous ids, but about the timing when the alias happens on server.

Badge

@Ryan Glanz Any updates or advice?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Sorry for the delay on this, I sent you an email because I’ll need some account-specific info.

Badge +3

any updates on this issue, I myself faced this during testing