Question

Unity IAP and RevenueCat Observer

• 1 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi!

I’m trying to use RevenueCat as Observer to analyze and confirm the purchases in my mobile game… Unity IAP handling the process and I need the RevenueCat to read trustable data via being Observer…

The documentation feels unclear to me so I’m here to ask my questions via these post:

• Do I need to add my store products (consumables and non-consumables) to RevenueCat dashboard as well while using it as Observer?
  • Is there a function to call RevenueCat to collect the data of purchasing? When Unity IAP completes a purchase process, will RevenueCat handle the data automatically?

Please don’t mind me if these questions are so cheesy but I had to ask to learn.

Thanks!

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hey @basay!

Do I need to add my store products (consumables and non-consumables) to RevenueCat dashboard as well while using it as Observer?

If we see transactions that have products that aren’t yet imported into RevenueCat, we’ll automatically create the products. That being said, it can’t hurt to manually add them (or add via the store importers in the dashboard).

Is there a function to call RevenueCat to collect the data of purchasing? When Unity IAP completes a purchase process, will RevenueCat handle the data automatically?

In observer mode, the SDK should automatically detect and send transactions to RevenueCat after a purchase completes. If you want to manually trigger a sync, you can call `SyncPurchases`.

You can read more in our observer mode docs here: https://www.revenuecat.com/docs/observer-mode