Question

TRIAL flag is removed from entitlement even though it's still ongoing

• 10 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hello all,

I use a React Native SDK. I have several plans, all with free trial. When I change a plan, while in free trial, I use IMMEDIATE_WITHOUT_PRORATION prorationMode as recommended in https://www.revenuecat.com/docs/managing-subscriptions#google-play when upgrading, so that free trial is not expired.

But this removes the TRIAL flag from the entitlement.

1. When I subscribe for the first time with the free trial, I see that "periodType": TRIAL for the active entitlement.
  2. But when I change subscription with IMMEDIATE_WITHOUT_PRORATION mode, the periodType becomes NORMAL, even though trial is still going on

Thank you!

2 replies

Badge +3

For iOS/App Store it works fine. You can see in the screenshot below:

Firstly, I started a trial with “Plus” option for 14.99$
Then I switched to another better “Ultra” option for 29.99$ and nothing was charged, so free trial continued. And in the active entitlement I still see `"periodType": TRIAL`
As expected, when free trial has ended, I was charged for the “Ultra” option.

My problem is that I need this `periodType` flag to stay `TRIAL`, because during trial phase I want to give users access to all features. 
For example, if the user chooses “Basic”, then during free trial they should still have “Ultra” functionality. And even if they switch options during the free trial period, they should still have access to “Ultra” functionality. But the `periodType` changes to `NORMAL` after the first switch, and the “Ultra” access is blocked, even though they are still in a free trial.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi,

Happy to help here. I see there is an open Github issue for this as well. I’ll continue to update there.