Thanks RevenueCat, iOS App Approved for sale using In-App Purchases !!!

• 31 December 2021
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Just wanted to give a shout out to the Revenue Cat team.  @ 3:19 p.m. today Apple Review made first in-app purchase of my auto-renewing subscription and @ 3:24 p.m. I received email welcoming me to the App Store from Apple.

I actually expected a lot more testing of the In-App purchase portion of the app because I know I spent a lot of time testing it and making last minute changes.  But who am I to complain.:grinning:

Of course I got some rejections along the way for Rating, and Safety Guidelines but the In-App purchases flow went flawlessly thanks to the great staff Revenue Cat has assembled.

I think back to my previous company where I did receipt validation locally (couldn’t afford a server backend staff) and thought it was crazy that every developer had to do this decryption validation of receipt.  Even crazier was the verbose language you had to put on your paywall in a vertically challenged render space.  I believe we got rejected six days in a row just for the wording on the paywall and the location of Restore Purchases button.  It really left a bad taste in my mouth of ever wanting to do auto-renewing subscriptions again.

That’s why in October 2020 when I started on this personal project I didn’t want to make the same mistakes from previous experiences.  I knew I didn’t want to do receipt validation locally for many reasons but I am just an old Windows driver C/C++, iOS Objective C/Swift guy.  What can an old dog like me do?  I wanted to focus on my app and not backend stuff but know in this day and age you need to integrate cloud services to make your app pop.

That led me to finding Revenue Cat for my Apple payment needs and Firebase for my Cloud Auth, Database, Messaging needs.  A year later here I am writing javascript Cloud functions to monitor cloud database updates to send out Push Notifications real-time.

So just wanted to thank Revenue Cat staff for their products and services and a satisfying 1 year journey.  I know I am just a little fish but you are much appreciated by me.

Everyone have a happy holidays and New Year !!!

0 replies

Be the first to reply!