Question

Subscription automatically switches if the user reinstalls the app and re-login to another account

• 24 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

User A buys subscription package A, they reinstall the app to login account B, Subscription A package automatically switches to account B. Why?

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hey @Nhan Mai,

Thanks for reaching out about this! This is the expected behavior so hopefully the information below can help:

The on-device receipt is the source of truth. If User A purchases the subscription on that device and then logs out and User B (or any other user) that logs into that same device will get “transferred” that subscription. Since the subscription is purchased by an Apple ID or Google account, it’s really that Apple ID or Google account that has the subscription.

Example: If User A purchases the subscription and logs out, and User B logs in and does a “restorePurchases”, that restore looks at the receipt on the phone and User B is now the owner for that subscription because it has access to the receipt data

Additionally, there are more docs here that explain this further and some other scenarios that might help explain how to handle this further  - https://docs.revenuecat.com/docs/restoring-purchases

Thanks for reaching out and hope this helps! Happy to take any other questions on this if you have any 😊 

Badge +2

Can you re-list the cases that RC considers "restorePurchases"? I did not find this case in the document https://docs.revenuecat.com/docs/restoring-purchases

In my opinion, this case is very easy to happen and it is not considered "restorePurchases", because it is easy for them to forget their account and have to log in again and again to find the account they are using.

Badge +2

if we switch to Block Restores. do we have a way for users to force transfer when they click the "Restore Purchases" button?

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hey @Nhan Mai , 

We see you also posted a question in this thread here 

We have decided to escalate this issue to a Zendesk ticket to get more information. 

Badge +2

sorry, i didn't get any notification from zendesk