Question

Store Status Incompatible product with flutter / google play

Badge +2

Until few hours ago, everything was running smoothly. This afternoon I received a Flutter package update. After updating, I completed my project. After admob and iap test When I checked Revenuecat, I saw an error with the "Store Status Incompatible product." I couldn't understand if it's my fault or not. Can you please help me?" this problem occures with google play

12 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi there! We’ve been discussing this in a support ticket but I wanted to answer here for visibility for any other developers who may be looking for help with a similar issue.

This may have something to do with our recent migration of existing products in current apps in order to support the new Google Play features: https://www.revenuecat.com/docs/google-subscriptions-and-backwards-compatibility#migration-of-existing-products-to-sdk-v6

Can you try any of the following steps?

• Delete the product in RevenueCat side and re-create or import it.
  • Update your Play Store service credentials in the app's settings in RevenueCat. This will re-trigger the migration. Please allow a few minutes for the migration to complete, and then check the product status again.
  • Create a new product with a new identifier.

Badge +2

I’ve hit the same issue. I’ve just added 2 new subscription products to my app on Google Play and I’ve got the incompatibility message.

For bulletpoint 2, does one have to create a new service account from scratch in order to trigger the reimport or is there a simpler process based on the existing service account and credentials?

I would rather not have to go through this horrendous process every time I add a new product on google Play.

Many thanks.

PS - I created a new Service Account Credentials JSON and dropped the file into RC’s apps settings, disconnected from Google and reconnected.

The “Store Status” for my 2 new products is still marked as ‘Incompatible Product’.

The do however appear to come through in my offerings in the app and I am able to make those purchases, the only issue being is that the ‘details’ field appears to be empty and I’ve definitely filled that in in Google Play.

Go figure.

Badge +2

the only issue being is that the ‘details’ field appears to be empty and I’ve definitely filled that in in Google Play.

This seems to have fixed itself. I guess the updates take a while to come through?
The products are still flagged as ‘incompatible’ but they do appear to work in the app so I’ll just soldier on like nothing happened.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@Rob Brooks are you still seeing your products as incompatible?

Badge +2

No. All fine now. Things just seemed to sort themselves out, thank you.

Badge +3

How you did it ? 

• Delete the product in RevenueCat side and re-create or import it. → I can´t because it says that the product has transactions
  • Update your Play Store service credentials in the app's settings in RevenueCat. This will re-trigger the migration. Please allow a few minutes for the migration to complete, and then check the product status again. I did it but It doesn´t work
  • Create a new product with a new identifier. → I create a new product with a new subscription from play console but I can´t see this subcriptions in my app because I have the other products with incompatible version :/
Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@Marco what problem are you having?

Badge +3

My problem is that I have my products incompatible in android, so I was trying to delete them and later import them again, but I can´t, I will let you images. 

And I can´t delete the product 

And all my android products are incompatible so I can´t see them in my mobile application 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

ok, let me check and I’ll get back to you

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@Marco everything should be fine now

Badge +3

Thank you so much @marcosC

What was the problem? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Incompatible products are those Google products in RC that we don’t have a base plan (and cannot be used in Android v6 or later). They were probably created before we released support for billing client 5 and when trying to associate the corresponding base plan to the product, we couldn’t.

As everything was correctly configured, I automatically updated them with the correct base plan (the backwards compatible one in google’s dashboard)