Question

Something went wrong' error | Android purchase

• 10 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

My subscription flow was working, and it's been a month since I received the 'Something went wrong' error. I have two published apps, and both of them are encountering this error simultaneously. I've tried many solutions, but none of them worked.

purchases_flutter: ^5.6.5

error log:

Activity finished with resultCode 0 and billing's responseCode: 3
E/[Purchases] - ERROR(26164): 🤖‼️ BillingWrapper purchases failed to update: DebugMessage: . ErrorCode: BILLING_UNAVAILABLE.null
E/[Purchases] - ERROR(26164): 🤖‼️ PurchasesError(code=PurchaseNotAllowedError, underlyingErrorMessage=Error updating purchases. DebugMessage: . ErrorCode: BILLING_UNAVAILABLE., message='The device or user is not allowed to make the purchase.')

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hey @alizc290c2 ,

The response that you are getting here comes directly from the store itself and does not indicate an issue with your RevenueCat integration. The error message of the user not being able to make a purchase is the generic error message. The underlying cause is better defined here by Google. In this case I recommend using canMakePayments to check if the user is able to make the purchase before triggering the purchase for Android purchases! 

Hope that helps! 

Badge +4

I get this error too when I try to make in-app test purchases. 
all my testers are getting the same error today on all our published apps, yesterday they were able to do purchase testing normally. 
I dont know if the developer account is being blocked from testing purchases or what! 

Did you find any solution? 

Badge +2

all my testers are getting the same error today on all our published apps, yesterday they were able to do purchase testing normally. 
I dont know if the developer account is being blocked from testing purchases or what! 

for testing account google play console show up new notice in the license testing:

You cannot use license testing to test the Play Integrity API

there are a direct link to Integrity API. just go there and add again a new account for testing. thats work for me after a long time searching about issue.

Badge +4

for testing account google play console show up new notice in the license testing:

You cannot use license testing to test the Play Integrity API

there are a direct link to Integrity API. just go there and add again a new account for testing. thats work for me after a long time searching about issue.

Yeah I had that message too….. 

I added the testers accounts on Play Integrity, and uploaded a new version of the app to the internal testing and still I get the same error. 

Is there any chance that the play store blocked testing purchases on my developer account? because the testing stopped across all apps suddenly!

Badge +4

I just used another IP address and it worked fine, As I mentioned the IP address was blocked for any purchases for unknown reason. Maybe for multi-use on testing but that’s how we do testing!!!