Question

Resubscribe is not currently available for your users because your app does not use Billing Library 2.0 in all active app bundles

• 29 September 2021
  • 9 replies

Badge +3
  • Dedicated Member
  • 22 replies

We’re seeing this issue when creating a subscription. I would think this is a RevenueCat Flutter SDK issue but not sure. Please let us know!

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hey @Tony 

It looks like there’s a similar issue in the Flutter repo. Can you check out this thread and take a look at your dependancies? 

./gradlew app:dependencies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Can you also double check if you have any other app bundles that use Billing Library / BillingClient 2 or lower?

Badge +3

@tina No we do not, the only plugin we have that uses `com.android.billingclient` is RevenueCat

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi @Tony ! 

I was looking into this and found out that we were seeing the same warning in one of our sample apps. It turned out the app had two APKs from 2018 uploaded to Alpha and Internal Testing tracks. So they were using a pretty old version of the BillingClient.

I upgraded the Internal Testing apk to an app bundle that uses our latest SDK, and I was still seeing the warning. Then I upgraded the apk in the Alpha track to our latest SDK and the warning went away. 

So I would say, you should double check there’s no other apks (even in internal, closed tracks, etc) that use an older version of the Billing Client since Play Console would complains.

There is a button in the App Bundle Explorer section in the Play Console where you can see all the APKs and app bundles uploaded to the Play Console. I would probably start there.

I hope that helps you figure out what’s going on.

Badge +3

@Cesar Thanks for the response! I guess the thing I’m confused about is we just started using RevenueCat a couple weeks ago so we have no apk with some old version of the RevenueCat library that may have used an older version of the billion library. Was this changed in the past couple weeks @tina ?

However, let’s assume that some old version of our app has some reference to the old billing client. Like a version we released a year ago. Do I have to manually go through all of our old apks (like from a year ago) and delete them even if they aren’t live?

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

If you have older APKs, you should also try deleting them, even if they aren’t live. If your old APKs are using an older version of the Billing Library, you’ll also encounter that error.

Badge +3

@tina It doesn’t look like you can delete bundles/APKs from the play store if they were once in production, only draft ones. So I’m not still not sure what to do here. I have replaced the APKs/bundles on all the testing tracks with our latest and still get the same warning.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Have you also double checked your production track? Is it possible there’s an old version of the production still rolling out? Do you have an active roll out (more than one apk in production)?

Badge

Hi all, 

Have you been able to solve this issue? Did the answer from the Flutter thread actually work for you?