Question

Replacement for SUBSCRIBER_ALIAS event in webhook

• 23 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Is it possible to get notified when a new subscriber is created in RevenueCat through a webhook or other mean?

Alternatively, is there a REST endpoint to retrieve a list of subscribers (hopefully with filters such as created_at -gt Yesterday or using the list identifier from the dashboard [eg. lists/listb105f00d)

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @DanielS! No, we no longer send the SUBSCRIBER_ALIAS webhook (it’s been deprecated for awhile now), but we do send out webhooks for when purchases are transferred between subscribers: https://docs.revenuecat.com/docs/webhooks#webhook-events 

For your second question, that also isn’t currently possible, but we have passed it along as a feature request for improving our API. 

Edit (January 2023):

For clarity, the SUBSCRIBER_ALIAS event is no longer sent by default for new projects and is marked as deprecated. Existing projects that have these events enabled will continue to be supported, and we have no plans to disable it at this time.

That being said, we recommend migrating to the TRANSFER event as described above.

Badge +1

Hi,

I have just found this thread, and am disappointed that there is no replacement for the SUBSCRIBER_ALIAS webhook. In our purchase flow, a purchase happens when a user is anonymous to us, and afterwards the users register for an account. This means that our “Trial started” and “Initial purchase” events happen for different users in Mixpanel, and we therefore cannot attribute them to each other. I had hoped that this SUBSCRIBER_ALIAS webhook could help.

Is there any alternative that you could recommend for our usecase?

Not having the option to transfer aliases from RevenueCat to Mixpanel would greatly reduce the usefulness of this solution.

Badge +1

I was thinking to maybe create a 0$ lifetime fake entitlement that we unlock as soon as the SDK is initialized.

We’d then handle that in a webhook. If entitlement is ‘first-time-seen-entitlement’ then ...