Question

Purchases getOfferings error 23, for some Android users

• 19 February 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +4

Hi RevenueCat team!

I know this issue has about 63 😵 questions posted by a community and they have different reasons, so I guess you could be biased not wanting to solve this annoying bug. However it affects to many users and I just can’t let it live, so I’m seeking for your support.

The background:

I’m using the latest version your Flutter package `purchases_flutter: ^4.10.0`. I’ve been seeing this issue since upgrade to 4.x.

The issue appears only for some android users, the app has about 8000 DAU, and in Crashlitycs there are about 200 daily errors related to that issue. For the rest of android users it seems to work fine. I also never were able to reproduce it internally. 

The devices distribution is the following:

72% - samsung 

5% - HUAWEI 

5% - TECNO MOBILE LIMITED 

3% - Sony 

15% - Other (11) 

The exception is the following:

flutter_error_exception
PlatformException(23, There is an issue with your configuration. Check the underlying error for more details., {code: 23, message: There is an issue with your configuration. Check the underlying error for more details., readableErrorCode: ConfigurationError, readable_error_code: ConfigurationError, underlyingErrorMessage: There's a problem with your configuration. None of the products registered in the RevenueCat dashboard could be fetched from the Play Store. More information: https://rev.cat/why-are-offerings-empty}, null)

The call stack is the following: 

await Purchases.configure(PurchasesConfiguration(androidKey));
await Purchases.getOfferings();

Since it works for most of the users, I’m pretty sure there is no issue with Google Play Store configuration, nor with RevenueCat dashboard config.

I see that you return this error in case if you got empty offerings from your server:

https://github.com/RevenueCat/purchases-android/blob/a553b0f3eebbb92bebaf21fb964c0faab9abab6c/purchases/src/main/kotlin/com/revenuecat/purchases/Purchases.kt#L1024

So I assume the actual root cause might be something else, rather than the configuration problem as you state in the error message.

Hope together we can get to the bottom of this issue! If there anything else I could provide from my side please let me know 🙏

Best,

Vlad

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi,

Thanks for providing it the detailed info here. I don’t think the device distribution affects this specific issue.

You mentioned that,

I see that you return this error in case if you got empty offerings from your server

However, it's actually that RC didn't get products locally (it's after we try to fetch the relevant products from billing client). It means there was some kind of mismatch with what (if anything) we received from google's api.

After working through this link, https://rev.cat/why-are-offerings-empty, you may want to submit a support ticket with some specific user information or logs.

Badge +4

Hi Yousef, 

I went thru the link before submitting a question. Seems like all potential problems described there are related to situations when you constantly getting this error, while in my case it seems to work for most of the users but doesn’t work for some. 

Do I understand correctly that you suggest to submit a support ticket then?

Best, Vlad

Badge +2

I’m having a similar problem with a react native integration, where iOS works perfectly fine, but on Android “getOfferings()” call returns a code 23 error.

Curiously, attempting to make a purchase with a product id works fine.

I’ve followed all the steps in 

Anything else I can try to troubleshoot?

Badge +1

The same issue. The user from China using the Hong Kong network can not get getOfferings

06-02 14:26:38.578  9965 10338 E [Purchases] - ERROR: 😿‼️ Error fetching offerings - PurchasesError(code=ConfigurationError, underlyingErrorMessage=There's a problem with your configuration. None of the products registered in the RevenueCat dashboard could be fetched from the Play Store.
06-02 14:26:38.578 9965 10338 E [Purchases] - ERROR: More information: https://rev.cat/why-are-offerings-empty, message='There is an issue with your configuration. Check the underlying error for more details.')
06-02 14:26:38.578 9965 10337 E [Purchases] - ERROR: 😿‼️ Error fetching offerings - PurchasesError(code=ConfigurationError, underlyingErrorMessage=There's a problem with your configuration. None of the products registered in the RevenueCat dashboard could be fetched from the Play Store.
06-02 14:26:38.578 9965 10337 E [Purchases] - ERROR: More information: https://rev.cat/why-are-offerings-empty, message='There is an issue with your configuration. Check the underlying error for more details.')
06-02 14:26:38.579 9965 10159 I flutter : {} {2023-06-02 14:26:38.579000} {SubscriptionProvider} {_refreshOffers Configuring Error PlatformException(23, There is an issue with your configuration. Check the underlying error for more details., {code: 23, message: There is an issue with your configuration. Check the underlying error for more details., readableErrorCode: ConfigurationError, readable_error_code: ConfigurationError, underlyingErrorMessage: There's a problem with your configuration. None of the products registered in the RevenueCat dashboard could be fetched from the Play Store.
06-02 14:26:38.579 9965 10159 I flutter : More information: https://rev.cat/why-are-offerings-empty}, null)} {LogLevel.INFO}

Could you tell me the reason? How to fix it?

Badge +2

I’m having a similar problem with a react native integration, where iOS works perfectly fine, but on Android “getOfferings()” call returns a code 23 error.

Curiously, attempting to make a purchase with a product id works fine.

I’ve followed all the steps in 

Anything else I can try to troubleshoot?

i also, on IOS works perfectly, but on Android my offerings are Empty

Badge +3

same issue here :(

Badge +2

i have a solution for my problem:

Go in Revenuecat homepage → Choose ure project → Choose on the left side Offerings → open one OfferingID on right side → then choose a Packages on right side → then u need to attach a Android and a IOS Product..

Repeat this for all Offerings!

I forget to do this for my android packages, that's solved my problem