Question

Need to modify file of the source a composable

• 25 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +4

Hello I need to modify this file https://github.com/RevenueCat/purchases-android/blob/143cf2a3629c856e0f3848ff6c164d683df8bbc5/ui/revenuecatui/src/main/kotlin/com/revenuecat/purchases/ui/revenuecatui/composables/Footer.kt

I have been trying to rebuild the library but has been a real nightmare, very hard to understand the +5 libraries you have like, ui, hybrid, common, google, amazon, and a lot of different packages.

Could you help me to build the library I need to modify the structure of the footer I don’t want to create a custom scratch project, just fork or locally modify the library as I’m using the remote paywall feature

This post has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hey @james-de16b9 !

Which SDK are you using and what build errors are you getting? I recommend creating a support ticket for this here. In that can you include the stack trace of any build errors that you are seeing? 

If you need general help with installing, I recommend following our guide here as it will help take care of installing the libraries that you need. Once you install the SDK properly, you shouldn't need to modify any libraries really on your own.  

Badge +4

Actually I’m looking to fork, and modify the libraries for some improvements, so the guide provided doesn’t work that is for simple installation of the SDK, not the cause which is fork, build and generate the SDK on my end.

So what could be the short answer to a question like “how to build from the source (with a fork) ?” but anyways I know this is not very common so I understood your suggestion 

Hey @james-de16b9 !

Which SDK are you using and what build errors are you getting? I recommend creating a support ticket for this here. In that can you include the stack trace of any build errors that you are seeing? 

If you need general help with installing, I recommend following our guide here as it will help take care of installing the libraries that you need. Once you install the SDK properly, you shouldn't need to modify any libraries really on your own.