Solved

MacOS App can not restore transation with error Unexpected backend error when posting receipt

• 27 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi, I have a problem with restore transition on my MacOS simulator. A fave steeps to reproduce this issue:

1. Buy a subscription on my iOS app in simulator
  2. Open my app’s MacOS version with the same iCloud account (debug mode)
  3. Try to restore transaction in my MacOS app and receive an error (Unexpected backend error when posting receipt)

I am able to buy a subscription in my MacOS app, but can not restore it as well. Any suggestions?

I use SDK release/4.0.0-rc.1

icon

Best answer by tina 28 January 2022, 02:26

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @Piotr 

It looks like you’re using StoreKit configuration files. When purchasing a product using StoreKit config files, the receipt is stored on the device and not against any sandbox accounts or Apple / iCloud accounts. To test restore functionality, you should use a sandbox account and a physical device. Note that we do have this callout in the docs:

StoreKit testing is currently incompatible with macOS

While you can upload a StoreKit configuration file with a macOS app, this setup is currently incompatible with the Purchases SDK. When making test purchases on the simulator, the transactions will appear to go through but you'll receive an error from our backend. It's recommended to test without configuration files until this is addressed.

Badge +1

It's recommended to test without configuration files until this is addressed.

How does one test IAPs using RevenueCat in a macOS app without configuration files?