Skip to main content
Question

Issue with Updating Prices in PayWall Component After Price Change in Play Store/App Store

• 8 August 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello Support Team,

I am experiencing an issue with updating the prices in our React Native app, which is built using Expo SDK 51 with react-native-purchases@7.27.1. Specifically, after I change the prices in the Play Store or App Store, the new prices are not reflected in the app's PayWall component. The app continues to display the old prices unless the app is restarted.

I have tried calling syncPurchases() before making a request to getOfferings(), but this does not seem to resolve the issue. The PayWall component still receives the old data.

Could you please assist in identifying a solution to ensure that the app fetches the updated prices without requiring a restart?

Thank you for your assistance.

Hi, this may be related to how we detect prices. Do you have server notifications enabled, and have their been purchases of the products made at the new prices? This may affect whether those prices have been updated in our database or not.

@Ryan Glanz Hi Ryan, thanks for your reply.

Server notifications are enabled.
And no, we didn’t make a purchase at the new price.

How we reproduce the issue:
- Open the app and see the paywall with a price (for example) of 7.99.
- Change the price in the App Store to 9.99.
- In the pre-opened app, reopen the paywall component and see the old price of 7.99, which was retrieved from the API.
- Try to submit the purchase; in the native submission window, you will see the new(updated) price of 9.99.

If we close the app and reopen it, the price from the API is updated.
It seems like some request caching is happening, which is reset when the app is reloaded.

By the way, we use in-app purchases.