Question

Issue with Migration to Google Play Billing Library 5 in React Native App (product unavailable)

• 17 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi there,

I recently attempted to migrate my React Native app to Google Play Billing Library 5 and encountered a problem after updating the RevenueCat SDK to the latest version. I'm hoping someone in this forum can shed some light on the issue.

I updated the RevenueCat SDK in my React Native app to the latest version.

However, when I test the app in both closed testing and internal testing, I'm encountering the following error: "The product is not available for purchase." 

Has anyone else encountered a similar problem while migrating to Google Play Billing Library 5 with RevenueCat in a React Native app? Any insights, guidance, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm eager to resolve this issue and move forward with the migration successfully.

Thank you in advance for your help!

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hey @Ksenia,

This error is most likely not due to the Google Play Billing Library migration, but some other configuration issue. Can you confirm that the user you’re testing with has been added as a licensed test user to your closed testing track?

Badge +2

Hi @kaitlin! Thanks for your answer. I degraded to "react-native-purchases": "^5.1.0" as it was before and now it works. But it means that I don’t use Google Play Billing Library 5. Do you have any suggestion, how I can solve it?